COVID-19 Cancellations, Postponements, and Updates
Cancellations & Postponements at a Glance (updated 3/31)
- The Jungle Book (March 20 – April 5) has been postponed (new dates TBD)
- A Raisin in the Sun (April 10 – 26) has been postponed (new dates TBD)
- RLT Players to Go student performance troupe shows at RLT and Halle Cultural Arts Center have been canceled
Events & Misc.
- Spring Backstage Night (March 25) has been canceled
- Art in the Garden (April 25) has been canceled
- Divas! 2020 (May 9) has been postponed (new date TBD) – learn more here
- Auditions for The Music Man in Concert will be via online video submissions only through March 24
- Auditions for Urinetown: The Musical will be via online video submissions only through April 5
- RLT is closed to all volunteers and the public until at least April 15, due to Raleigh Parks closing all facilities, effective March 17
- Youth classes have been rescheduled to the weeks of April 14 – May 30
- Adult classes previously scheduled to begin March 15 will now begin April 19 and run through May 24
- Spring Break camps (April 6-10) are being moved to an online format – all currently enrolled students have already been contacted
Original Statement (from 3/13)
Under the recommendation of Governor Roy Cooper regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, Raleigh Little Theatre has made the difficult decision to postpone The Jungle Book (March 20 – April 5). Community health and safety is our top priority, and we feel this is the best decision for the well-being of our patrons, volunteers, students, and staff. We are currently working to reschedule the production and will share the new dates as soon as they are solidified. Existing ticket orders will be honored at the future dates.
In addition to postponing The Jungle Book, we are also canceling remaining RLT Players to Go performances (March 14 at RLT & March 21 at Halle Cultural Arts Center) and our Spring Backstage Night (March 25). Auditions for The Music Man in Concert (March 15 & 16) have been canceled and will be done by video submission only. Anyone who signed up via SignUpGenius will receive an email shortly with further instructions. Stay tuned for any updates regarding auditions for Urinetown (March 23 & 24).
We are continuing to closely monitor the situation with the City of Raleigh and the Department of Health and Human Services. Currently, our upcoming productions of A Raisin in the Sun (April 10-26), The Music Man in Concert (May 16-17), and Urinetown (June 5-21), as well as Art in the Garden (April 25) and Divas! (May 9), are scheduled to go on as previously planned. We will be sure to provide updates if anything changes.
Current ticket holders for The Jungle Book will receive an email shortly detailing their ticket options. Your tickets will be honored when the production is rescheduled, so you can hold onto them until then. You are also welcome to convert the cost of your tickets into a tax-deductible donation to RLT as we tackle this challenging time. Under the circumstances, we are also able to offer refunds if the rescheduled dates do not work for you.
RLT classes for youth and adults have been postponed to later dates in the spring. Youth Classes have been rescheduled for the weeks of April 14 – May 30, and Adult Classes previously scheduled to begin March 15 will now take place April 19 – May 24. Adult classes scheduled to begin in May could be affected by this rescheduling, and that will be communicated to all registered students as soon as a new plan is established. Spring Break Camp (April 6-10) will proceed as planned for now. Anyone currently enrolled in an affected class has been sent an email with more information.
We are expecting our phone lines to be very busy during this time, so if you have questions or concerns, the best way to reach us will be by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a detailed voicemail at 919-821-3111. It might take our staff a little longer than normal to respond, but we promise to get back with you as soon as possible!
We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter, and we will share more information as it becomes available.
We hope you stay well, and we thank you for your support.