Auditions: RLT Players To Go!
Raleigh Little Theatre will be holding auditions for the RLT Players To Go performance class and the traveling production of Big Bad. Auditions are Saturday, October 14, 1:00-3:00pm. The class instructor and director of the production is Fonda Muhammad.
- Auditions: Saturday, October 14, 1:00-3:00pm, in the Gaddy-Goodwin Teaching Theatre.
- Rehearsals: Saturdays 1-3pm October 28-February 10 (no class Nov 25, Dec 23, Dec 30)
- Performances: Saturdays between February 17 and March 24. Exact dates and times TBA.
The lobby entrance to the Gaddy is currently closed due to reconstruction. Please enter through the stage door located in the back of the theatre near the Rose Garden. Parking is limited in the Rose Garden parking lot, so please prepare to use street parking.
About RLT Players To Go
RLT Players To Go is a performance class for students ages 10-13. Students develop their acting skills as they rehearse a show to be performed for family audiences at community venues. An audition is required in order to take this class. Tuition is $230 per student.
About the Play
The most notorious criminal in the fairy-tale world, Big Bad Wolf, is being slapped with a class-action lawsuit by the countless quirky characters he has wronged. Now, the two greatest legal minds in the Enchanted Forest (the Evil Stepmother and the Fairy Godmother) will clash (on live Court TV, no less, with Sydney Grimm as commentator) in a trial that will be remembered forever after. Mr. Wolf makes a good case for himself. Was he born a criminal, or made one? Perhaps he does deserve compassion instead of condemnation. What will the verdict be? Only the jury (your audience) can decide. (Pioneer Drama Service, publisher)
RLT Players is directed by Fonda Muhammad. The ensemble is made up of 14-17 students.
To prepare for the audition:
- Review the monologue choices (link below)
- Select one monologue, memorize it, and prepare to present it at your audition.
- Read the rubric below that will be used to evaluate your performance at the auditions to help you prepare your monologue.
- Practice, more than once, in front of a family member or friend.
Have fun, and go APE by demonstrating Articulation, Projection, and Emotion (see the rubric – link below)
Please wear comfortable clothing and close-toed shoes for the audition.
Audition materials and forms
Interested in auditioning? Here are some forms to fill out and bring with you to auditions:
- Audition information, including the audition evaluation rubric
- Monologue material — select a monologue and memorize it
- Audition form — please fill out before you arrive for auditions
- Conflict sheet — please list all your rehearsal conflicts
Please contact Associate Education Director Kathleen Rudolph at email@example.com or 919-821-4579 x225