Auditions: RLT Players To Go!
Students, get ready to audition for RLT Players to Go!
On December 8, 2018 auditions will be held for Rapunzel, Adapted by Karen Boettcher-Tate. Auditions are 1:00-3:00 pm in the Gaddy-Goodwin Teaching Theatre at RLT.
Did you ever wonder how Rapunzel ended up in a tower? Get ready to find out and have a lot of fun learning about the characters in this twisted tale of Rapunzel. You will meet the well-known characters from the classic story; they are mingled with some new and very unusual characters. Rene Shwartzbuckle, Rapunzel’s mother, loves rampions and can’t stop eating this turnip-like vegetable. She sends her husband, Walter, out to “borrow” some. Walter gets caught in the garden by Witch Izwitch stealing rampions. To avoid having a spell cast on him, he agrees to give the witch his first born daughter, Rapunzel. So on Rapunzel’s 16th birthday, the witch and the Glumpwarts show up, as promised, and take Rapunzel away. This is a funny story with a strong message about the nature of beauty.
The director, Fonda Muhammad, is looking for a cast of 20 students eager to work and have fun. Here is how you can prepare for your audition:
- Select one monologue (PDF), memorize it, and prepare to present it at your audition.
- Download the rubric (PDF) that will be used to evaluate your performance at the auditions.
- Download and fill out the RLT Players audition form (DOCX).
- Download and fill out the RLT Players conflict calendar (DOCX).
- Practice, more than once, in front of a family member or friend.
- Have fun, and go APE by demonstrating (articulation, projection, and emotion).
See you on Saturday, December 8 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm in the Gaddy-Goodwin Teaching Theatre at RLT!