Summer Education Internship
Raleigh Little Theatre’s education department seeks a part-time Summer Education Intern to support their summer camp program. RLT’s summer camp program runs June 15 – August 21, 2020. Internship hours would be 15-20 hours/week in the afternoons Monday through Friday. Applicants should indicate in their cover letter any weeks of the summer they are not available. This internship is an unpaid position, but interns may receive college credit if desired. There is also an opportunity for some paid work within the internship if intern is available to work extended care after camp each day. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
The Summer Education Intern will support the program in the following ways:
- Helping prepare rosters and paperwork for camps
- Assisting with camp dismissal at the end of each day
- Assisting in camp classrooms as needed
- Work closely with the Director of Education and Associate Education Director to create a positive, attentive and organized camp experience for students, parents and summer camp teachers and assistants.
This internship is ideal for individuals interested in building a career in arts education or program management. The focus of the internship is in program administration and support, but teaching assistant opportunities may be available depending on the intern’s interest. The intern will observe all of RLT’s summer camp models to deepen their understanding of effective arts education programming.
By the end of the internship, the intern will gain meaningful experience in youth programs, arts education, customer service, program administration and logistics.
A strong applicant for this internship will have:
- Past participation or experience in summer camp environments
- Past participation in theatre and/or other arts areas
- Respect for children and youth and enthusiasm for interacting with them
- A strong interest in theatre and/or education
- Confident skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google Drive
Interested applicants should visit the RLT Education website to become more familiar with RLT’s various education programs and organizational mission. Submit resume containing arts and education experience and a one-page cover letter to apply. Cover letter should communicate your areas of professional and artistic interest, how this internship could meet your career goals and your summer availability.
Send application materials to RLT’s Director of Education, Meredyth Pederson Cooper at: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Summer Internship Application) or via mail at Raleigh Little Theatre, 301 Pogue Street, Raleigh, NC 27607, attn: Meredyth Pederson Cooper.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020.