This Wonderful Life
One actor inhabits every role in this hilariously touching stage adaptation of the iconic holiday film It’s a Wonderful Life. George Bailey, Clarence, Mr. Potter, and the gang come to life as a single actor creates a heartwarming story about the effect one hardworking man’s life has on the people around him.
By Steve Murray
Directed by Patrick Torres
Produced by special arrangement with Playscripts, Inc.
We are excited to welcome patrons back into the Sutton Theatre to celebrate the holiday season with This Wonderful Life. Due to current gathering restrictions, a maximum of 25 tickets will be sold for each performance. Tickets are reserved seating based on a socially distanced seating chart. Tickets will be sold in singles or pairs in select rows of the Sutton Theatre, as detailed on the seating chart on the ticketing page.
From December 17-25, you will also be able to stream a pre-recorded performance of RLT’s This Wonderful Life from the comfort of your home via Broadway on Demand. For more information, take a look at the “Ticket Information” section to the right.
This production is dedicated to the memory of Sue Tucker Briggs.
Safety procedures & rules for visiting RLT
A number of safety measures will be in place during your visit for This Wonderful Life. Please see below to familiarize yourself with the expectations for guests and how you can help keep RLT safe.
- A maximum of 25 seats will be sold per show (normal capacity: 298). The seats are reserved and are socially distanced throughout the theatre. You will be at least six feet away from any other group in attendance.
- Tickets must be purchased online or by phone prior to the show, and sales will cut off 45 minutes before curtain. No tickets will be sold in-person the night/day of the show.
- Masks must be worn by all guests at all times while inside the building.
- Each guest will have their temperature checked upon arrival.
- All ticket holders must complete a pre-show questionnaire before the show. This will be sent to you via email and available in-person. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, you will be asked to reschedule your visit or be given a refund. The questions are as follows:
- Is your temperature currently 100.0F or above?
- Do you have unexplained chills?
- Are you experiencing any shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Are you experiencing a new cough?
- Do you have a new loss of taste or smell?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Are you experiencing nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea?
- Are you experiencing unexplained fatigue?
- Are you experiencing unexplained body aches?
- Do you have unexplained sinus/nasal congestion?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been within six feet for more than 15 minutes of someone presumed to have COVID-19, or someone with an active COVID-19 diagnosis?
- Within the past 14 days, have you traveled internationally?
- Have you recently attended a mass gathering?
- We encourage ticket holders to head to their seats immediately after checking in and not wait in the lobby.
- Please respect all signage and floor markings in regards to social distancing (both inside and outside the theatre) during your visit.
- No concessions or water fountains will be available during this performance, but you may bring in your own bottled water.
- There will be no physical programs. A digital program will be available to access on your phone.
- Multiple exit doors will be open at the end of the performance. Please do not crowd in the aisles as you exit.
If you have any questions regarding the expectations for attending in-person performances, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to watch the on-demand stream from home (available Dec 17-25) if you are unable or unwilling to follow the procedures listed above. Thank you!
Raleigh Little Theatre’s Virtual Season is presented by PNC Bank.
Thanks to our Media Sponsor for This Wonderful Life, the N&O.
Tickets on sale now!
Runtime is approximately 75 minutes with no intermission.
- December 10-20
- Thursdays, Fridays, & Saturdays at 8:00pm
- Sundays at 3:00pm
Single ticket prices, excluding tax:
- All ages: $25
Due to current gathering restrictions, a maximum of 25 tickets will be sold for each performance. Tickets are reserved seating based on a socially distanced seating chart. Tickets will be sold in singles or pairs in select rows of the Sutton Theatre, as detailed on the seating chart on the ticketing page. A ticket is required for all patrons, regardless of age.
- December 17-25
- On Demand (watch when you want!)
Single ticket prices, excluding tax:
- Single link: $10
- Household link: $18
A pre-recorded version of This Wonderful Life will be available to stream from home. Buy a link now and return to Broadway on Demand any time between December 17-25 to access the performance. CLICK HERE to purchase stream-from-home tickets!
If you have questions about tickets or seating, please email email@example.com.
- Amy (White) Pridgen
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances.