The nefarious Cat in the Hat narrates the story of Horton the Elephant, who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos. Horton must protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, and he must also guard an abandoned egg that’s been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. The powers of friendship, loyalty, family, and community are challenged but ultimately emerge triumphantly!
Book by Lynn Ahrens & Stephen Flaherty
Music by Stephen Flaherty
Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Based on the works of Dr. Seuss
Directed by Kathleen Rudolph
Sensory-Friendly Performance | Feb 29th at 1:00 p.m.
Sensory-friendly performances are designed especially for individuals with autism spectrum disorders, sensory
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show
- Extra staff and volunteer support.
- Designated “Take a Break Space”
- Thursday-Friday at 7:30pm
- Saturday at 1:00pm and 5:00pm
- Sunday at 1:00pm and 5:00pm
Tickets on sale now. Buy them online or from the box office at 919-821-3111. Single ticket prices, excluding tax:
- Adults: $17
- Children (12 and under): $12
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances.
Audio description for those with visual disabilities. The Sunday, February 23 performance at 5pm will be described.