Cinderella is celebrating its 36th year at RLT in 2019! This musical comedy is a holiday sugarplum for the whole family. Just the right mixture of comedy and romance can add the sparkle of magic to your holiday season. This visually stunning musical combines elegant costumes and scenery with singing, dancing, conniving step-relatives, and resourceful fairy folk.
This version of Cinderella is performed in the style of a British Panto. It’s the perfect family outing during the holiday season, with the Royal Ball taking place on Christmas Eve. Join the cast in singing “We Wish You a Merry a Christmas,” and come celebrate the holidays at RLT!
Based on the fairy tale by Charles Perrault
Adaptation and lyrics by Jim Eiler
Music by Jim Eiler and Jeanne Bargy
Directed by Mike McGee
M. Dennis Poole & Dr. Timothy Cherry will be reprising the roles of the stepsisters, Gertrude & Henrietta, for the 22nd year at the following performances only. Quenton Hocutt and Greg Hill will play the roles at all other performances.
- Friday, December 6th – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, December 7th – 5:00 PM
- Sunday, December 8th – 1:00 PM
- Thursday, December 12th – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, December 14th – 1:00 PM
- Sunday, December 15th – 5:00 PM
- Thursday, December 19th – 7:30 PM
- Friday, December 20th – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, December 21st – 5:00 PM
- Sunday, December 22nd – 1:00 PM
Read more about their legacy as RLT’s stepsisters in this Walter Magazine feature from 2018!
Opening Night, December 6th @ 7:30 PM | Coats for the Children
Opening night of Cinderella proudly benefits WRAL TV’s Coats for the Children, with $5 of every ticket sold going to provide warm coats for children in need.
- RLT Podcast – In this episode, Patrick Torres interviews the four performers sharing the roles of the stepsisters for this year’s production of Cinderella (Dennis Poole, Tim Cherry, Quenton Hocutt, and Greg Hill) and talks with director Mike McGee about his decision to cast four actors this time.
- WHUP’s Lights Up – Learn more about the history of RLT’s Cinderella and some of the new additions to this year’s production in this interview featuring Ryann Perkins (Cinderella) and Tim Fitch (Prince Charming).
- RDU On Stage – Lauren Van Hemert interviews Music Supervisor Joanna Li to learn more about the music in RLT’s Cinderella and how songs have changed and evolved over the show’s 36 year run. Interview begins at the 10:32 mark.
The Friday, December 20th, performance is sponsored by Overture Centennial.
Runtime is approximately 90 minutes with no intermission.
- Thursday-Friday at 7:30pm
- Saturday at 1:00pm and 5:00pm
- Sunday at 1:00pm and 5:00pm
Ticket prices (excluding taxes):
- Members: $25.18
- Opening weekend: $26
- All other tickets: $31
- Ryann Perkins
- PRINCE CHARMING
- Tim Fitch
- KING DARLING III
- Benaiah Barnes
- Lauren Tompkins
- M. Dennis Poole
- Dr. Timothy Cherry
- FAIRY GODMOTHER
- LoRee Wilkinson
- Hannah Smith
- Nia Johnson
- Maddie Behrens
Anna Lowson Oliveira
Aurora A. Strickland
- Cristina Alba
Amanda Jane Axelrod
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances. For those sensitive to loud sounds, noise reduction headphones are available upon request at the Box Office (limited quantities).
Audio description for those with visual disabilities. The Sunday, December 15 performance at 5pm will be described.