Jack Hall Artistic Internship 2021-22
The Jack Hall Artistic Internship is named after a beloved artist, teacher, and friend who served RLT with his artistry for over 40 years. Established by his family, this internship is intended to engage aspiring artistic leaders in the administrative and creative work of producing theatre.
The internship will be awarded to a creative, dedicated and innovative individual who will work alongside Artistic Director, Patrick Torres, for a 9 month period (July 2021 through April 2022).
The duties for the Artistic Intern will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the Artistic Director in season planning;
- Organize, manage, and participate in volunteer reading committees;
- Manage the signup process for auditions;
- Manage all auditions for the 2021/2022 Season;
- Assist in the development and management of community engagement events surrounding specific productions;
- Serve as Assistant Director for selected shows;
- Commit to RLT’s values around Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion;
- Work between 10 – 15 hours per week (the hours can be flexible and most duties can be accomplished remotely), some nights and weekends will be necessary.
The internship is open to applicants age 18+ and provides a stipend of $100 per month.
To apply, please submit the following to Artistic Director, Patrick Torres (Patrick@nullRaleighLittleTheatre.org) by June 14, 2021*:
- Email Subject Line: Jack Hall Internship Application
- In the Body of the email, address the following questions:
- Why is this opportunity appealing to you?
- What do you hope to learn from this internship?
- What do you feel you will contribute to the Artistic Team at RLT?
- Provide contact information for three references after your answers to the previous questions.
*If you do not have access to email, please mail a letter answering the same questions and providing three references to:
Raleigh Little Theatre
Attn: Patrick Torres
301 Pogue Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
About us: Raleigh Little Theatre values everyone’s story. As an organization, we will intentionally create a welcoming environment through a long-term, holistic approach to inclusion and diversity. We commit ourselves to actively seeking out perspectives that are not our own, encouraging learning, growth, and cultural awareness, engaging community conversations, and embracing conflict as a force for change.