RLT Education: In-Person Class Procedures
With the return to in-person classes at Raleigh Little Theatre, we want to share some details regarding what the procedures will look like before, during, and after classes. Please see below for more information and click here to learn about our current class and camp offerings.
- RLT will email a health questionnaire to all students to complete before they come to class. If you don’t have time to complete it online, students will need to complete this questionnaire when they arrive for class.
- If students are feeling unwell or exhibit any symptoms on the form we ask that you please stay home. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you will be missing class.
- For Saturday youth classes, the online questionnaire will close by 8am that Saturday.
- For Sunday adult classes, the online questionnaire will close by 4pm that Sunday.
- All teaching artists and volunteer assistants will also be required to complete this health questionnaire each week.
Arriving to Class
- Please put on a mask upon leaving your vehicle when you arrive at RLT.
- Education staff will greet you outside the entrance to your class space.
- All students, teaching artists and volunteers will have their temperature checked upon arrival.
- On the first day of the class session, families will receive printed car signs to use at pick up.
- Students will say goodbye to parents/guardians at this point and be walked into the building to their class space.
- Our lobby spaces are not available as waiting areas for parents and families, but we invite you to enjoy the Rose Garden if you’d like.
- Once inside, students will be asked to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
Class Meeting Locations:
- If your class is in the Sutton Theatre, please meet outside the Sutton Theatre Box Office on Pogue Street (entrance is opposite Stafford Ave).
- If your class is in the Gaddy Goodwin, please meet outside the theatre entrance that is opposite Everett St.
- If your class is in the Stephenson Amphitheatre or Rose Garden, please meet outside the Sutton Theatre Box Office.
- Click here for a detailed map of RLT’s campus.
- RLT Teaching artists, volunteer assistants, and staff will wear masks while at RLT. Students should wear their mask during the entire class as well.
- The only spaces used for classes will be the Sutton Theatre and Gaddy Goodwin Theatre.
- Space markers such as poly-spots or foam squares will be used to delineate student space areas during activities. These will be disinfected before and after each class.
- Each class space has seats in the audience marked where students can sit to maintain distance between classmates.
- Activities will be modified as needed to accommodate distancing.
Departing from Class
- Parents/guardians will pull over to the curb on Pogue Street with their car sign (provided by RLT) displayed on the passenger side of the dashboard. We’ll call out your student’s name once we see your car and car sign in the line.
- Students should leave masks on during dismissal until they are in their cars.
All class materials and door handles of the space will be sanitized in between each class. RLT’s custodian cleans the space thoroughly twice a week during class sessions.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com if you have any additional questions about our in-person class procedures. For a complete guide to RLT’s COVID-19 reopening procedures, click here.