Theatrical Training for Professional Development
Raleigh Little Theatre’s Theatrical Training for Professional Development is designed to apply theatrical skills to professional situations and the workplace. Participants will engage in exercises that highlight communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking. Skills learned will have an immediate and lasting impact on the daily work lives of the individuals and organizations.
Through these trainings participants will:
- Practice verbal and non-verbal communication to transform interactions with co-workers, clients, and audiences.
- Creatively problem-solve with a team to reinforce a collaborative culture.
- Engage the actor’s tools of voice, body, and imagination to investigate an idea, issue, or story.
- Devise ways to illustrate confidence in presentations and manage the anxiety of public speaking.
- Evaluate self and colleagues’ work in a constructive format.
Acting in the Office- 1.5 hours
Actors are experts at clear communication and creative collaboration. In this workshop, participants will utilize the three main tools of the actor: the body, the voice, and the imagination to strengthen communication, spark collaboration, and create community. This workshop is perfect for businesses or organizations that require cooperative work between colleagues and/or clients.
Perfecting Your Pitch- 1.5 hours
This workshop is designed to apply theatrical training to the work of making a quick, strong impact with pitches, presentations, and performances. Participants will explore speaking with intention, active listening, and constructive criticism. Tips for relaxation and showing confidence will have a direct impact on the participants’ ability to put their best selves forward. This is a workshop for all business professionals who have to make presentations as a part of their work.
Dramatic Discussions- 1.5 hours
Usually drama is found on the stage, but sometimes it happens in the workplace. This workshop uses theatrical exercises to explore clear verbal and non-verbal communication, empathetic listening skills, and authentic accountability. This workshop is for businesses looking to create a template for difficult conversations and to build honest and meaningful relationships between colleagues.
Options for Participation
- Half-day workshop on-site at Raleigh Little Theatre from 9am-12:30pm, $350 fee includes:
- Two 1.5-hour workshops
- Up to 20 participants
- A pre-workshop meeting to identify focus for customization
- A tour of Raleigh Little Theatre after the workshops
- Space for catered lunch (at client’s expense, optional)
2. Workshop(s) offered at Client’s place of business between 9am-3pm, $150 per workshop (up to 3 in one day) includes:
- Up to 20 participants in each workshop
- A pre-workshop meeting to identify areas for customization
Booking a Workshop for Your Group
This programming is offered to established professional groups and workplace communities. If you are interested in booking a professional development workshop session for your group, please fill out THIS FORM. We will be in touch to set the perfect plan for your group.