This class is designed to apply theatrical training to the work of everyday business interactions. Skills learned in this class - communication, improvisation, active listening, creative and critical thinking and speaking with intention - will have a direct impact on the daily lives of the participants. At the conclusion of this class, participants will:
- be able to manage stage fright or fear of public speaking
- further develop their ability to speak with intention to improve communication with clients, co-workers and audiences
- be better equipped to think quickly and creatively when faced with obstacles
- better engage audiences during pitches and/or presentations
- gain confidence in verbal and non-verbal communication
- if interested, develop skills to successfully participate in theatre arts!
Do not miss this opportunity to improve your work in a fun and friendly environment!
This class is designed for adults who want to give acting a try, or who would like to revisit the basics in order to improve their technique! Students will participate in lively theatre games and exercises designed to free up the voice and body, stimulate creativity, promote self-confidence, and teach the building blocks of acting. Exercises in this class will explore:
- Finding a Character’s objectives
- Identifying a Character’s obstacle
- Executing Tactics
- Exploring Environment
- Defining “beats”
A great opportunity to learn the basics of singing. If you have ever wanted to take a voice lesson, or wanted an understanding of good/healthy singing, have an audition to prepare for, want to sing in church or just be better at karaoke… this is the class for you. Over a 6 week period you will learn:
- The basic fundamentals of singing – breath control, range, transitions, good tone through the practice of warm ups and vocal exercises.
- Basic Music Theory/Sight Singing – the language of music, (reading music is not just reading the words)
- Know YOUR voice – range, style, strengths and weaknesses - learn what suits your voice best.
- Audition preparation – making cuts, an accompaniment, nerves, repertoire, and Performance skills
- The Care & Feeding of your instrument
Directing 2 (New!)
This class builds on the directing concepts and practices introduced in RLT’s Fundamentals of Directing class. Participants in this class will learn techniques for directing on thrust and arena stages, deepen analysis skills, and learn how to communicate with designers. Fundamentals of Directing is a prerequisite to this class. If you have not taken first class but have significant experience you can register with permission from the instructor - please email Patrick Torres at email@example.com if you wish to sign up for the class without the fundamentals class.
Registration Closed - Class has ended
Have you ever seen a Shakespearean play and wish you could understand the lines a little better? In this class you'll dive into the world, language and genius of William Shakespeare! Using small scenes, students will use multiple tools to understanding Shakespeare's beautiful poetry and hilarious bawdy jokes.
Scenes are the building blocks of plays as they reveal the most critical elements of a script: relationships and conflict. In this class, participants will work with the instructor to analyze, rehearse, and perform an assigned scene with one or more partners. In the end, actors will understand the process of creating a performance from the page to the stage.
Voiceover Technique (New!)
So, people say you have a nice voice. Okay. Now what? Veteran voice actor Rowell Gormon shows what it takes to do voiceovers in commercials, narrations, animation, and other media. Learn the basics of copy analysis, mic technique, finding your niche, and other things you'll need to add to that "nice voice" before clients will pay you to use it. Informal sessions include recording/playback/discussion using a variety of scripts. Rowell has spent more than 30 years doing voiceovers for radio, tv, and the internet, plus a few talking toys and even two movies as a "hired hand" with Jim Henson's Muppets. He works from his own studio. www.voices2go.com.