Announcing Youth Classes for the 2017-18 School Year
The RLT Youth Education Program offers year-round instruction for students ages 2 to 18 with classes taught by some of the best instructors in Raleigh.
RLT youth classes do not require previous experience to participate and all classes culminate in an Open Classroom or Sharing of the students’ work for family and friends. Come join the fun!
- View all classes and workshops for kids ages 2-12
- View all classes and workshops for teens 13-18
- Read about our philosophy, policies and logistics on our information page for classes
- Download the Brochure (8 MB PDF)
Which class is right for me?
- Discovering Drama
These classes encourage students to use their imagination, drama and play to explore the world of a story. Using art, drama, music and movement, students will discover and create characters, engage in creative problem solving, and practice working together.
- Skill Building
Learn, build and strengthen foundational theatre skills in a fun and supportive environment. Build your stage skills and confidence in classes including acting, improvisation, Shakespeare and more.
- Artist Development
For students who want to hone their artistic craft and dive deeper into specific theatre skills, these classes focus on developing the creative tools that engaged and collaborative artists need to embody complex characters, design theatrical worlds, and tell meaningful stories.
Classes throughout Wake County
We offer classes at our facility on Pogue Street as well as several locations throughout Wake County:
- Classes at RLT
- Classes in Apex at the Halle Arts Center (registration starts July 17)
- Classes in Knightdale at the Knightdale Recreation Center
- Classes in North Raleigh at the Sertoma Arts Center (registration starts July 25)
- Classes in Wendell at the Wendell Community Center
- Classes in Wake Forest at the Renaissance Centre (registration starts August 1)
Register online using the link at the bottom of each class. Please read our general information page before registering.
Need help deciding which classes are appropriate for your child? Contact Kathleen Rudolph at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-821-4579 x 225 and she will be happy to answer your questions.