Participate in RLT’s Homemade Play Festival!
You’re invited to participate in a creative challenge hosted by Raleigh Little Theatre: our first ever Homemade Play Festival!
WHO: You and your family, open to all ages!
WHEN: May 1-31, 2020
WHERE: Your home / the RLT Education Facebook Page
During this challenging time when we cannot gather to create theatre together in the same space, we want to engage and share the creativity all over our community. In the RLT Homemade Play Festival, we challenge you and the people you live with to create a short original play, video record it and send it to us to share on our Facebook page this month.
Ingredients for Your Play
Your short (5 mins or less!) play must include:
- A new or imagined invention
- The line, “Hey, come back here with that!”
- Content appropriate for all ages
- Another family member or pet! (And for those of you who live alone, we would be excited to see your creative solo performance as well!)
From May 2-11, we will release short videos with some tips and tricks to inspire your creative process, help you think about what makes a strong story, and how to use items you have at home to tell the story you dream up! As we release each one, those videos will be linked below and also be shared on through RLT’s social media.
Watch our welcome video from RLT’s Director of Education, Meredyth Pederson Cooper!
Check back here or on our social media as we release new videos from the RLT staff each day to get your creative wheels turning as you make your play!
- Creating Conflict in Your Homemade Play with Emily (Box Office Supervisor)
- Using Props in Your Homemade Play with Kathleen (Associate Education Director)
- Using Costumes in Your Homemade Play with Jenny (Costume Designer) and Jeremy (Associate Costume Designer)
- Using Sound in Your Homemade Play with Tyler (Assistant Technical Director)
- Adding Sound to the Video of Your Homemade Play, with Tyler (Assistant Technical Director)
- Choosing a Title for Your Homemade Play with Megan (Marketing Manager)
How to Submit Your Play
Submit your homemade play to our festival by video-recording it and email it to RLT at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31.
You can also have an adult share it on social media and tag Raleigh Little Theatre Education in the post and use #RLTHomemadePlay, so we can share it on our page!
By submitting video, photography, and audio to Raleigh Little Theatre, you give permission for RLT to share the submitted materials on any online platform without the expectation of compensation.