Jack Hall Artistic Internship
The Jack Hall Artistic Internship is named after a beloved artist, teacher, and friend who served RLT with his artistry for over 40 years. Established by his family, this internship is intended to engage aspiring artistic leaders in the administrative and creative work of producing theatre.
The internship will be awarded to a creative, dedicated and innovative theatre artist who will work alongside Artistic Director, Patrick Torres, for a 9 month period (May through January).
The duties for the Artistic Intern will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the Artistic Director in season planning;
- Organize, manage, and participate in volunteer reading committees;
- Manage the signup process for auditions;
- Develop a system to manage the RLT Script Library;
- Assist in the development and management of community engagement events surrounding specific Productions;
- Serve as Assistant Director for selected shows;
- Work between 10 – 15 hours per week (the hours can be flexible and in many cases, work can be accomplished remotely), some nights and weekends will be necessary.
To apply, please submit the following to Artistic Director, Patrick Torres, firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th, 2019:
- Cover letter
- Why is this opportunity appealing to you?
- What do hope to learn from this internship?
- What do you feel you will contribute to the Artistic Team at RLT?
- Resume highlighting theatre or related experience
- Contact information for three references
This internship is designed for college students, early career professionals, or adults with a commitment to artistic leadership. The internship provides a stipend of $100 per month.