SOLD OUT – Triangle African American Theater Preview ’23
Celebrate the rich and diverse season of African American theater in the Triangle! The Triangle Friends of African American Arts is bringing together several performing arts organizations to showcase the wonderful African American plays and musicals that will hit the stages in 2023. This special evening will include dramatic readings, songs and scenes from upcoming performances.
This year’s event is hosted by Kevin “Rowdy” Rowsey II, Executive Director of Blackspace and U.S. Cultural Ambassador. Rowdy has been featured on BET, NPR, PBS Kids, and has given a TEDX talk on the importance of Hip Hop Culture.
Triangle African American Theater Preview
Start time: 7:00pm
With performances from:
- Porgy & Bess (North Carolina Opera)
- Mlima’s Tale (Burning Coal Theatre)
- Hamlet (PlayMakers Repertory Company)
- They Do Not Know Harlem (PlayMakers Repertory Company)
- Purlie (Pure Life Theatre)
- Omar (Carolina Performing Arts)
- The Face of Emmett Till (Pure Life Theatre)
- The Best of Enemies (The Justice Theater Project)
- Crowns (Agape Theatre Project)
Lineup is subject to change.
- Sunday, January 15, 2023
- Event begins: 7:00pm
Single ticket prices:
- All ages: $15
If you have questions about tickets or seating, please email BoxOffice@RaleighLittleTheatre.org.
Masks are optional but encouraged for all indoor performances. RLT’s COVID safety guidelines are subject to change.
This event is wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for this event.