Auditions: Snow White
Raleigh Little Theatre will be holding auditions for the Snow White, adapted by Greg Banks. The production will be directed by Kathleen Rudolph. Audition video submissions are due by Sunday January 24.
Performers interested in auditioning for this production should be aware our intention is to produce this play for a live audience (number to be determined by the Department of Health and State guidelines) in the Louise “Scottie” Stephenson Amphitheatre.
Rehearsals will be a mix of online and in-person (inside the building). The show will be staged with strict adherence to social distancing guidelines. RLT encourages people from the same household to audition! In fact, your video audition may be recorded together as well.
- January 24: All video submissions due.
- January 27: In-person callbacks.
- February 2: First Rehearsal. Rehearsals will largely be in the evenings and we will never rehearse more than 5 times per week.
- March 6: Tech rehearsals begin
- March 13: Opening
- March 21: Closing and strike
About the show
This entertaining version uses 2 actors to tell the entire tale of what actually happened to Snow White. The actors play various roles employing unique vocal ranges and physicality to each of these characters.
Performances are Saturdays & Sundays, March 13, 14, 20 and 21, at 1:30pm and 3:30pm. Performances are outdoors in the Louise “Scottie” Stephenson Amphitheatre at RLT.
About the roles
Both roles portray multiple characters, so a facility for vocal and physical characterization and comic timing is a plus. Roles are open to actors of all ages and ethnicities.
Snow White – female-identifying
Dwarf Four – open to any gender identity
About the Auditions
All general auditions will be submitted via video. For the audition, please record yourself doing one of the following:
- Performing parts of the Snow White story, portraying the different characters, or
- Become a storyteller and describe Snow White’s story in your own words, using some point of views from other characters, or
- Use the Snow White audition side to portray all 7 dwarfs
Remember to include any unique physical talents you may have (ex: gymnastics, dance, juggling)
Submit the final recording to email@example.com by January 24th.
Interested in auditioning? Please complete the following and include them when you send in your video:
- Audition Form
- Conflict Calendar in PDF or Excel
- Optionally, you are welcome to also submit your resume
Please reach out to Kathleen Rudolph, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.