Position Vacant: Assistant Technical Director
Raleigh Little Theatre (RLT) is one of the longest running community theatres in the US. We are proud of our rich history of community theatre and volunteer involvement. We seek an Assistant Technical Director (ATD) to join our small team of paid full time staff to support this mission into the future.
Reporting to the Production Manager/Technical Director, the ATD’s primary scope of responsibility is to assist in the implementation of all technical aspects for our production season. The ATD is responsible for the execution and completion of all scenic elements for our productions and assists in the recruitment, training, and management of all technical volunteers. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Production Manager/Technical Director in overseeing the day to day operations of the scene shop and creation of scenery for all productions
- Work with Scenic Designer and Stage Manager to tape out rehearsal spaces and other technical preparations for rehearsals and performances
- Attend production meetings as needed to report on construction and crew progress
- Recruit volunteers to fulfill run crew positions for each production
- Run regularly scheduled weekly work calls with volunteers to execute designs
- Provide a friendly, safe, and positive working environment
- Seek out, encourage, and train volunteers for all productions
- Maintain contact information and regularly communicate with technical volunteers
- Participate in volunteer recruitment efforts both on and off site
- Maintain a neat and orderly scene shop, stage and storage facility
- Keep shop equipment in good working order
- Reorder supplies, track purchases and receipts; keeping in established budget
- Maintain an inventory of all scenery, properties, tools, materials and equipment owned by the theatre
- Have a valid drivers licence
- Able to lift 50 lbs and climb ladders
- Comfortable using man lift
Successful applicants will be able to prove progressive responsibility for managing projects, managing crews, and working against tight timelines. 2-5 years experience in Scenic Construction is required. Working knowledge in lighting and sound systems also encouraged, but not required. Strong rigging skills and proficiency with reading and creating construction drawings desired.
To be considered, please submit professional resume and three professional theatre references to firstname.lastname@example.org. RLT will conduct a criminal background check on all qualified final candidates to be considered for the position. Candidate review and interviews will start immediately and continue until position is filled.
This is a full-time year round salaried position with benefits and generous vacation package. For more information about Raleigh Little Theatre, our mission and our program please visit www.raleighlittletheatre.org