Job Opening: Summer Camp Coordinator (Temp.)
Raleigh Little Theatre’s education department seeks a Summer Camp Coordinator to support 2023 summer camp programming and operations. The time frame for this temporary position includes the following weeks:
- June 5-9 (2 days training and camp prep)
- June 12-23 (camp week 1-2)
- June 26-30 (camp week 3)
- July 10-14 (camp week 4)
- July 17-23 (camp week 5)
- July 24 – Aug 4 (camp week 6-7)
- Aug 7-18 (camp week 8-9)
Summer Camp Coordinator hours will be 8:45 am – 4:15 pm Monday through Friday during camp weeks with similar hours to be scheduled for 2 days during the prep week listed above. Applicants should indicate in their cover letter any of the above weeks during which they are not available.
This position reports to RLT’s Education Programs Specialist.
The Summer Camp Coordinator will support the program in the following ways:
- Helping prepare rosters and paperwork for camps.
- Assisting with camp dismissal at the end of each camp day.
- Assisting with student check in and check out during the camp day.
- Contacting the parent/guardian of missing or absent students.
- Reporting behavior issues to the Education Programs Specialist.
- Assisting in camp classrooms as needed.
- Assisting with final class sharings. Helping parents get to the correct destination and give welcome speech when 2 sharings are happening at the same time.
- Working closely with the Education Programs Specialist to create a positive, attentive, and safe camp experience for students, families, and summer camp teachers and assistants.
This position is ideal for individuals interested in arts education and/or youth program management. The focus of the position is in program administration and support. The Summer Camp Coordinator will observe all of RLT’s summer camp models to deepen their understanding of effective arts education programming.
- Commitment to continuous learning, training, and accountability in RLT’s equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism work
- Background and interest in community-based drama and theatre education is preferred.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results. Knowledge of Google Workspace products is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written, as well as the ability to effectively interact with individuals of varied ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
Compensation: $450 per week (for camp weeks), $180 for training/prep
This is a temporary, independent contractor position. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Interested applicants should visit the RLT Education website to become more familiar with RLT’s various education programs and organizational mission. Please submit a resume containing arts and education experience and a one-page cover letter to apply. Cover letter should communicate your areas of professional and artistic interest and your summer availability.
Due to current pandemic circumstances and acknowledging the highest care for our community, RLT is requiring any successful candidates to be fully vaccinated. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of Covid-19 vaccination upon hire or discuss accommodations in line with Covid-19 safety protocols.
Application Deadline: April 8, 2023