Job Opening: Fund Development Manager
Fund Development Manager
Raleigh Little Theatre – Raleigh, NC
Raleigh Little Theatre (RLT) exists to create and teach theatre in a way that serves our community, offers a place for all to live their best creative life, and embraces diverse stories, artists, and students in a meaningful and powerful way. To support our mission, we are looking for a colleague to join our small team as the Fund Development Manager.
What you’ll do…
As the Fund Development Manager, you will play a lead role in shaping RLT’s fund development strategies and initiatives, managing all activities related to contributed revenue and building a culture of philanthropy across the organization. This will include creating and implementing strategies for individual and institutional giving, the annual fund campaign, RLT’s annual fundraising event (Divas!), and other donor events. Equally important in this overall strategy will be your work with the Executive Director to understand and shift our fundraising strategies to be equitable, anti-racist, and inclusive. Some of your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing solicitation and stewardship for individual giving, including researching potential donors, establishing and maintaining authentic relationships with donors, ensuring donor acknowledgement, recognition, and benefits, and maintaining RLT’s donor database.
- Cultivating institutional relationships by identifying new prospects for season, show, and program sponsorships, crafting proposals, and executing all sponsorship benefits and recognition.
- Researching, identifying, and assessing potential government and foundation funding sources, preparing applications, contracts, and reports, and ensuring the fulfillment of all contract requirements in coordination with applicable staff.
- For Divas!, tracking and reporting on all event income and expenses including raffle sales, auction income, Divas fundraising, and ticket sales. You will also support the Divas in their fundraising efforts, including fundraising incentives and regular updates.
- Collaboration with the Marketing Manager on all marketing, promotion, and event materials for fundraising events, including website, social media, mailings, lobby signage, etc.
- Planning and coordination of donor appreciation events, annual planned giving appreciation events, and fulfillment of donor benefits.
We’d love to hear from you if…
You have a strong understanding and experience implementing fundraising strategies and practices, including grant management and writing, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
You are organized, detail oriented, and excel at managing a variety of projects simultaneously. Working independently and collaboratively, you can strike a balance between big picture strategy and independently executing project details.
You have excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written, as well as the ability to effectively interact with and engage individuals of varied ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
You have experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases, strong computer skills, and the ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
You are committed to continuous learning, training, and accountability in RLT’s equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism work and to examining RLT’s development strategies through this lens.
A few details…
Hours and location: Flexibility in day-to-day hours and working location. Some night and weekend hours and on site work will be necessary.
This full-time, exempt position includes health, vision, retirement, and life insurance benefits and flexible PTO.
Reports to: Executive Director
Please submit a resume of relevant experience and a cover letter introducing yourself to Jobs@nullRaleighLittleTheatre.org. Candidate review will begin on November 12, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. All potential employees must pass a background check. Due to current pandemic circumstances and acknowledging the highest care for our community, RLT is requiring any successful candidates to be fully vaccinated. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or discuss accommodations in line with COVID-19 safety protocols.
As part of our application process, we would also love to know more about who our job postings are reaching to assist in our recruitment efforts. We ask that candidates please consider completing a short survey by visiting this link. It will only take 1-2 minutes of your time and is completely voluntary and anonymous.
RLT is a welcoming community using theatre to enrich, educate, entertain and engage volunteers, students and audiences of all ages. RLT values everyone’s story. As an organization, we intentionally create a welcoming environment through a long-term, holistic approach to inclusion and diversity. We commit ourselves to actively seeking out perspectives that are not our own, encouraging learning, growth, and cultural awareness, engaging community conversations, and embracing conflict as a force for change.
RLT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. We strive to be an equitable, diverse, antiracist, and inclusive organization that is accessible to all and to maintain an organizational culture that values a diverse staff, Board, and volunteer community, thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+, gender non-conforming and non-binary, neuro-diverse, and people with disabilities to apply. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified.
For more information about Raleigh Little Theatre, our mission, and our programs please visit RaleighLittleTheatre.org.