Job Opening: Development Manager
Raleigh Little Theatre – Raleigh, NC
Raleigh Little Theatre (RLT) exists to create and teach theatre in a way that serves our community, offers a place for all to live their best creative life, and embraces diverse stories, artists, and students in a meaningful and powerful way. To support our mission, we are looking for a colleague to join our small team as the Development Manager.
What you’ll do…
As the Development Manager, you will play a lead role in shaping RLT’s development strategies and initiatives, managing all activities related to contributed revenue and building a culture of philanthropy across the organization. This will include creating and implementing strategies for individual and institutional giving, the annual fund campaign, and donor events, including support for RLT’s annual fundraising event (Divas). Equally important in this overall strategy will be your work with the Executive Producer to understand and shift our fundraising strategies to be equitable, anti-racist, and inclusive. Some of your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing solicitation and stewardship for individual giving, including researching potential donors, establishing and maintaining authentic relationships with donors, ensuring donor acknowledgement, recognition, and benefits, and maintaining RLT’s donor database.
- Cultivating institutional relationships by identifying new prospects for season, show, and program sponsorships, crafting proposals, and executing all sponsorship benefits and recognition.
- Researching, identifying, and assessing potential government and foundation funding sources, writing and preparing applications, contracts, and reports, and coordinating and ensuring the fulfillment of all contract requirements with applicable staff.
- Acting as staff liaison to the Board’s Divas and Stewardship Committees and supporting the strategy, planning, and execution of donor events.
- Supporting the Divas Committee and Divas’ fundraising efforts with event income and expense reporting and ensuring sponsor benefits and acknowledgement.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Manager on all marketing, promotion, and event materials for fundraising events and initiatives, including website, social media, mailings, lobby signage, etc.
We’d love to hear from you if…
You have a strong understanding and experience implementing fundraising strategies and practices, including grant management and writing, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
You are organized, detail oriented, and excel at managing a variety of projects simultaneously. Working independently and collaboratively, you can strike a balance between big picture strategy and independently executing project details.
You have excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written, as well as the ability to effectively interact with and engage individuals of varied ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
You have experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases, strong computer skills, and the ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
You are committed to continuous learning, training, and accountability in RLT’s equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism work and to examining RLT’s development strategies through this lens.
Hours and location: Flexibility in day-to-day hours and working location. Some night and weekend hours and on site work will be necessary.
Salary: $50,000 – $54000
This full-time, exempt position includes health, dental, vision, retirement, and life insurance benefits and flexible PTO.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the Executive Producer.
Please submit a resume of relevant experience and a cover letter to Jobs@nullRaleighLittleTheatre.org. Candidate review will begin on September 25, 2023, and continue until the position is filled. All potential employees must pass a background check. Due to current pandemic circumstances and acknowledging the highest care for our community, RLT is requiring any successful candidates to be fully vaccinated. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of Covid-19 vaccination upon hire or discuss accommodations in line with Covid-19 safety protocols. If you need reasonable accommodations in the application process please email Jobs@nullRaleighLittleTheatre.org.
As part of our application process, we would also love to know more about who our job postings are reaching to assist in our recruitment efforts. We ask that candidates please consider completing a short survey by visiting this link. It will only take 1-2 minutes of your time and is completely voluntary and anonymous.
RLT is a welcoming community using theatre to enrich, educate, entertain and engage volunteers, students and audiences of all ages. RLT values everyone’s story. As an organization, we intentionally create a welcoming environment through a long-term, holistic approach to inclusion and diversity. We commit ourselves to actively seeking out perspectives that are not our own, encouraging learning, growth, and cultural awareness, engaging community conversations, and embracing conflict as a force for change.
RLT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. We strive to be an equitable, diverse, antiracist, and inclusive organization that is accessible to all and to maintain an organizational culture that values a diverse staff, Board, and volunteer community, thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+, gender non-conforming and non-binary, neuro-diverse, and people with disabilities to apply. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified.
For more information about Raleigh Little Theatre, our mission, and our programs please visit RaleighLittleTheatre.org.