Book & lyrics by Tony Kushner
Music by Jeanine Tesori
Lora Tatum as Caroline Thibodeaux and Arel Marsh as Noah Gellman. Photo by Curtis Brown.
Cantey V. Sutton Theatre (Reserved seating)
February 14 - March 2, 2014
This Tony-nominated musical centers on Caroline Thibodeaux, a divorced African-American maid and Noah Gellman, the eight-year-old son of the Jewish family for whom she works. Set in 1963 Louisiana against the backdrop of the civil rights movement, Kennedy’s assassination, and the Vietnam War, blues, gospel, and traditional Jewish melodies blend together to create a breathtaking medium for Kushner’s provocative and personal story of political change, social change, and pocket change.
The opening night of Caroline, or Change is sponsored by Crescent Cameron Village and Greystar Property Management
Directed by Karen Dacons-Brock.
"A plucky cast and dedicated creative team ultimately win over the audience with this fantasy-tinged, eclectically scored show. What makes it entirely recommendable, however, is the searing portrayal of the title character." -- Roy Dicks, The News & Observer
"The show offers some nicely done nuances and a dynamite lead singer, which make this a blockbuster of a musical. With a cast of seventeen and a crew that multiplies that number, RLT has a surefire hit on their hands." -- Alan R. Hall, CVNC
Raleigh Little Theatre is supported by United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County, with funds from the United Arts campaign as well as the N. C. Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Tickets available now. Buy them online or from the box office at 919-821-3111.
First Sunday: $12 for all
Note: Students are up to and including college. Seniors are age 62 and up.
Shows are February 14 - March 2, 2014.
Location: Cantey V. Sutton Theatre
Click the show time to order tickets for that show.
* Join us after the opening night performance for a wine and cheese reception in the lobby where you can meet the cast. All opening night ticket holders are welcome.
- Caroline Thibodeaux: Lora Tatum
- The Washing Machine: Emily Nixon
- The Radio: Mary Wingate
- The Radio: NancyLee Spears
- The Radio: Faith Jones
- Noah Gellman: Arel Marsh
- The Dryer/The Bus: Tim Smith
- Grandma Gellman: Diane McDaniel
- Grandpa Gellman: Jerry Zieman
- Rose Stopnick Gellman: Monique Gannon
- Stuart Gellman: Brian Fisher
- Dotty Moffett: Emelia Cowans
- The Moon: Tina Morris-Anderson
- Emmie Thibodeaux: Brishelle Miller
- Jackie Thibodeaux: Luke Lair
- Joe Thibodeaux: Ricardo Razon
- Mr. Stopnick: Mark Ridenour
For more information, please contact the RLT Box Office on 919-821-3111.
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances.
You are here: Home
> Our 2013-2014 season
> Caroline, or Change