Adapted by Peter Hall, music by Richard Peaslee, lyrics by Adrian Mitchell
From the book by George Orwell
Presented by RLT's Teens on Stage
July 19 - 28, 2013
Gaddy-Goodwin Teaching Theatre (General Admission Seating)
Animal Farm is sponsored by the City of Raleigh Arts Commission
See the play that Alan Hall from CVNC called, "...a clever and engaging evening of theatre...".
George Orwell’s cautionary tale of a revolution gone wrong springs to life in this stunning adaptation by Peter Hall. Starved, neglected, and abused, the animals of Manor Farm stage a revolution, establish a system of equality, and adopt the Seven Commandments of Animalism. The revolution is soon betrayed by power-hungry pigs who alter the commandments and eventually obliterate all but one: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.” Age recommendation: 10 and up.
Director: Linda O’Day Young
Run time: 1 hour, 55 minutes including a 10 minute intermission.
If you join us for performances on Thursday, July 25 or Friday, July 26, please stay for a post-show discussion with the cast and crew about George Orwell's Animal Farm and its relevance to our lives today.
Download the show poster (PDF)
Tickets available now. Buy them online or from the box office at 919-821-3111. Group sales will also be available from the box office.
Adults & Teens: $15
Children age 12 and under: $10
Show dates are July 19 - 28, 2013.
Location: Gaddy-Goodwin Teaching Theatre
Click the show time to order tickets for that show.
* These shows are primarily for camp groups but the remaining tickets are now available to the general public.
Cast and Crew
Teens on Stage is an intensive five-week theatre program for teenagers which culminates in a full-scale production and RLT's first show of each season. TOS students take morning conservatory classes which include movement, acting, voice and improvisation. The afternoons are spent in rehearsal.
Teens On Stage:
- Ben Mygatt: Boy
- Reid Sinnott-Nadasky: Mr. Jones
- Oscar Sindemark: Old Major/Farmer/Dog/Mr. Whymper
- Calvin Noble: Boxer
- Hannah Bultman: Clover
- Elizabeth Reynolds: Muriel
- Henry Hopson: Benjamin
- Ashley Keefe: Mollie
- Bevan Therien: Snowball
- Maya Hamer: Napoleon
- Parker Perry: Squealer
- William Taylor: Minimus
- Maddy Kunkel: Young Pig
- Catherine Scott: Young Pig
- Ben Pluska: Moses/Dog/Mr. Pilkington
- Alyssa Hartzheim: Cat/Stable Lad
- Emma Heath: Hen
- Elyse Holdaway: Hen
- Cassidy McCardle: Hen
- Aubrey Clyburn: Cow
- Wesleigh Neville: Cow
- Olivia Olsen: Sheep
- Olivia Williams: Sheep
- Linda O’Day Young: Director
- Jacob Snyder Timmons: Assistant Director / Assistant Stage Manager
- Yvonne Koch: Musical Director
- Thomas Mauney: Scenic Designer / Lighting Designer / Technical Director
- Jenny Butler: Costume Designer
- Emma Caterinicchio: Stage Manager
- Jacqueline Ashford-Lavy: Teens Backstage
- Helen Hill: Teens Backstage
- Joseph Hough: Teens Backstage
- Kieran Lang: Teens Backstage
- Elliot Melfi: Teens Backstage
- Emily Michaud: Teens Backstage
- Abigail Mosely: Teens Backstage
Teens Back Stage is the back stage program for teens, similar to Teens On Stage. TBS students learn by doing, as they participate in numerous behind the scenes activities such as building and painting scenery, hanging and focusing lights, and finding and creating props for the production.
For more information, please contact the RLT Box Office on 919-821-3111.
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances.
You are here: Home
> Our 2013-2014 season
> Animal Farm