Adapted by Patrick Barlow
From the novel by John Buchan
From the movie by Alfred Hitchcock
Cantey V. Sutton Theatre (Reserved Seating)
October 12 - 28, 2012
The 39 Steps is sponsored by First Citizens Bank
Follow the adventures of our handsome hero Richard Hanay, complete with stiff-upper-lip, British gung-ho and pencil moustache as he encounters dastardly murders, double-crossing secret agents, and, of course, devastatingly beautiful women. With more than 150 characters brought to life by 4 actors, this Tony award-winning play amounts to an unforgettable time of non-stop laughs and Hitchcock’s special brand of romance, intrigue, and espionage.
Director: Haskell Fitz-Simons
What the reviewers say:
- Boom! Magazine - Ten Reasons to Love The 39 Steps
- Broadway World - "Fans of Hitchcock will absolutely enjoy the show..."
- CVNC - "The cast and crew gave a flawless performance..."
- Indy Week - "The 39 Steps has the intricate rhythms and comic timing of old Looney Tunes shorts, and that's meant as a very serious compliment."
Jesse Gephart as Richard Hannay. Photo by Curtis Brown.
Recommend this show to your friends on Facebook!
Tickets available now. Buy them online or from the box office at 919-821-3111.
Tickets for The 39 Steps are also available in a Sutton Series Membership. Ticket prices are discounted when you purchase a membership!
First Sunday: $12 for all
Note: Students are up to and including college. Seniors are age 62 and up.
Shows are October 12 - 28, 2012.
Location: Cantey V. Sutton Theatre
Click the show time to order tickets for that show.
Staci Sabarsky in RLT's The '39 Steps'. Photo by Curtis Brown.
* Join us after the opening night performance for a wine and cheese reception in the main stage lobby where you can meet the cast. All opening night ticket holders are welcome.
Annabella / Margaret / Pamela
For more information, please contact the RLT Box Office on 919-821-3111.
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances.
You are here: Home
> Our 2012-2013 season of shows
> The 39 Steps