Book, music and lyrics by Richard O'Brien
Cantey V. Sutton Theatre (Reserved Seating)
August 17 - September 9, 2012
Last week of shows! Don't miss it!!
Sandi Sullivan as Magenta, James Ilsley as Frank 'N' Furter, and Brent Wilson as Riff Raff. Photo by Curtis Brown.
The musical that became a movie and a decades-long cultural phenomenon is back where it is meant to be – live on stage! When clean-cut Brad and naïve Janet get stranded on the side of the road and seek help from the Frankenstein place, they get more than they bargained for. With the unintentional humor of B movies and portentous dialogue of schlock horror, this rock musical masterpiece will have you giving over to absolute pleasure. For Mature Audiences.
What the reviewers have to say about the show:
“The production’s outrageous cast, smoking-hot band and kooky visuals should please any devotee...recommendable to fans and open-minded newbies.” -- The News & Observer
“RLT’s Rocky Horror Show is daring and fun, and will make you shiver with sat-is-fac-tion” “...stellar cast, outrageous costumes, and hilariously original choreography” -- Triangle Arts & Entertainment
"Ilsley is his own sweet transvestite-cum-space alien as mad scientist Dr. Frank-N-Furter. Kaine Riggan and Sarah Winter impress as the geeky-but oh so corruptible-Brad and Janet... Meanwhile the unconventional conventioneers will be making this rare interplanetary landing their own, singing along with every song, anticipating punch lines and fully welcoming the show into the house. Here's hoping they do." -- Independent Weekly.
“The Raleigh Little Theatre’s cast brought a stage full of exuberant and campy energy to this production, giving it their all with an obvious love of the music and characters.” -- SouthWestRaleigh.com
“There are live musicians who were situated above the action at the rear of the stage... a six man band that rocked the house.” “If you haven’t done The Time Warp…then you’re long overdue.” -- Classical Voice of North Carolina
"you don’t need to be an expert or have seen it twelve times in order to get the most out of your experience. The Raleigh Little Theatre has taken measures to make sure everyone feels included" -- BroadwayWorld.com
"Raleigh Little Theatre rocks on with 'Rocky Horror'" -- NCSU Technician
Read the previews:
Download the show poster.
Director: Haskell Fitz-Simons
Tickets available now. Buy them online or from the box office at 919-821-3111.
Tickets for The Rocky Horror Show are also available in a Sutton Series Membership. Ticket prices are discounted when you purchase a membership!
First Sunday: $12 for all
Note: Students are up to and including college. Seniors are age 62 and up.
Shows are August 17 - September 9, 2012.
Location: Cantey V. Sutton Theatre
Click the show time to order tickets for that show.
* Join us after the opening night performance for a wine and cheese reception in the main stage lobby where you can meet the cast. All opening night ticket holders are welcome.
Seeing the show
Coming to see the show? Here are some do's and don'ts to keep the show enjoyable for all. There will also be a special "partipation bag" of goodies you can buy at concessions before the show!
- Dress up in a costume if the spirit moves you! Just don’t make fun of others if you’re not a fan of stockings, fishnets, etc.
- Dance in the aisles! Especially to the Time Warp, which requires no practice, just ‘do what it says in the song.’
- Participate in the play in a way that is complementary to the show, rather than shouting out lines just to show us how much of the play / movie you know by heart.
- Throw anything on stage. Not only could it be dangerous to the actors, but it may result in the show being stopped.
- Bring any food or drink in to the theater. This is the South, you know! We have lots of critters who would like a snack, so let’s make sure that they stay outside in the Rose Garden.
- Do anything that will spoil the experience for everyone else.
Frank 'N' Furter
For more information, please contact the RLT Box Office on 919-821-3111.
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances.
You are here: Home
> Our 2012-2013 season of shows
> The Rocky Horror Show