The Great Cross-Country Race
or The Hare and the Tortoise
Adapted by Alan Broadhurst
Presented by RLT's Teens on Stage
Directed by Linda O’Day Young
July 16 – 25, 2010
Gaddy-Goodwin Teaching Theatre (General Admission Seating)
Slow but steady wins the race! In spite of being baffled by the overnight appearance of what appears to be a rock with a leg attached, all of the woodland creatures must decide which events will take place to honor Sports Day. Mr. Sett, a badger, is disturbed that there is not much interest in the Grass Eating Competition, the Tree Climbing Competition or even the Curling in a Ball and Rolling Down a Hill Race. Reynard, the fox, has sprained a paw and can not compete with Mr. Fleet in the Cross Country. None of the other animals want to race the boastful Hare until suddenly the rock with a leg moves. Meet Mr. Sloe, a Tortoise who accepts the challenge. Get a behind- the-scenes look at one of the most celebrated of all competitions, the race between the slow-moving Tortoise and the scatter-brained boastful Hare as the two contestants dash through a world of confusing, foolish and unintelligible humans.
See photos from the production in our Photo Archive.
Download the show poster (PDF).
Single tickets on sale now online or from the RLT Box Office at 919-821-3111. Group sales are also available from the box office.
Children age 12 and under: $9
Location: Gaddy-Goodwin Teaching Theatre
Dates and Times:
July 16, 22 & 23 at 7:30pm
July 17, 18, 21 24, 25 at 1:00pm
July 17 & 24 at 5:00pm
July 20, 21 & 22 at 10:00am
||17: 1:00pm & 5:00pm
||21: 10:00am & 1:00pm
||22: 10:00am & 7:30pm
||24: 1:00pm & 5:00pm
For more information, please contact the RLT Box Office on 919-821-3111.
The cast of RLT's production of The Great Cross-Country Race is:
- Mr. Fleet (Hare): Jacob Timmons
- Mr. Sloe (Tortoise): Cameron Newton
- Ms. Basket (Dog): Lauren Miller
- Ms. Sett (Badger): Triona Kagan
- Mrs. Warren (Rabbit): Harper Cleland
- Ms. Spiney (Hedgehog): Melissa Palahnuk
- Ms. Paddle (Rat): Katelyn Kidwell
- Miss Brush (Squirrel): Alex Hanyok
- Mrs. Dark (Rook): Angela Gazzillo
- Jackie: Charlotte Hopson
- Robin: Devon McCarroll
- Maude: Emma Caterinicchio
- George: Reid Nadasky
- Mr. Urban Notcouth: Alan Osuna
- Mrs. Urban Notcouth: Alyssa Petrone
- Sophia Notcouth: Wesleigh Neville
- Brando Notcouth: Owen Flaherty
- Fisherman/Farmer: Madeline Cooke
- Mrs. Stainer: To be decided
- Emma Caterinicchio
- Harper Cleland
- Madeline Cooke
- Angela Gazzillo
- Reid Nadasky
- Melissa Palahnuk
All performances are wheelchair accessible.
Assistive listening devices are available for all performances.
You are here: Home
> The Raleigh Little Theatre 2010-2011 Season
> The Great Cross-Country Race