Steps to the Stage
Raleigh Little Theatre is pleased to present adult acting classes designed to take students through the process of preparing for the stage. The adult theatre classes offer the same commitment to excellence found in the Youth Education Program where the goal is to provide high quality theatre arts training in a safe nurturing environment.
We believe that theatre arts training extends well beyond the stage as well by promoting self- esteem, building confidence, stimulating creativity, sharpening communication skills and fostering an appreciation of teamwork. It’s also a lot of fun! You might also be interested in reading this article in Midtown Raleigh News about RLT's adult classes.
The following classes and workshops have been announced:
Classes for adults at CAM Raleigh: New! Register online!
Learn about our instructors
* RLT recommends you use the online registration process, however, a PDF registration form is also available.
Note: Refunds (minus a $20 drop fee) will only be made if the student officially withdraws 10 or more days before the start of a class. To officially withdraw, contact Kathleen Rudolph at 919-821-4579 x225 or email email@example.com . If RLT cancels a class, you will receive a full refund.
There is a $10 returned check fee for insufficient funds.
Acting For Creative Entreprenuers (Fall class)
This class, held at the Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh, is designed to apply theatrical training to the work of everyday business interactions. Skills learned in this class - communication, improvisation, active listening, creative and critical thinking and speaking with intention - will have a direct impact on the daily lives of the participants. At the conclusion of this class, participants will:
- Be able to manage stage fright or fear of public speaking
- Further develop their ability to speak with intention to improve communication with clients, co-workers and audiences
- Be better equipped to think quickly and creatively when faced with obstacles
- Better engage audiences during pitches and/or presentations
- Gain confidence in verbal and non-verbal communication
- Develop skills to successfully participate in theatre arts (if interested!)
Do not miss this opportunity to improve your work in a fun and friendly environment!
Ages: 18 and up
Location: CAM Raleigh, 409 W Martin St, Raleigh, NC 27603
Dates: Mondays, September 12 - October 3, 2016
Instructor: Patrick Torres
Register online for this class.
You are here: Home
> Adult Education Program